Occupational health and safety
ISO 45001 formulates requirements for comprehensive, modern occupational health and safety. Replacing the previously, widely-used OHSAS 18001 standard, ISO 45001:2018 has been in force since March 2018 and is the only international and independent standard for operational health and safety management systems.
Our experts certify your occupational health and safety management system according to ISO 45001 and consider all aspects of occupational safety – both those related to operational processes as well as those arising from work-related stress that can trigger mental illness.
The benefits you get from the certification
- Continuous improvements to protect the health and safety of your employees.
- Prevention of unsafe behaviors that can lead to accidents at work.
- Reduction of accidental downtimes in the supply chain and in supplier management.
- Reliable management of risks and opportunities related to occupational health and safety.
- Standardized health and safety requirements for managers, employees and service providers taking into account their respective working environments and conditions.
- Similar structure to the international standards ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Easy implementation in operational practice as part of an integrated management system.
The NGPS verifies the accuracy of Non-GMO Production claims in products by ensuring that ingredients were not genetically engineered by the use of modern biotechnology. The use of the NGPS logo serves as a further explicitly-stated guarantee of the quality? of the product. The certification is applicable at all levels of the supply chain to organizations active in cultivation, production, processing, storage, distribution, logistics and/or trade. Products falling within the scope should comprise of one or more agricultural products, regardless of their purpose.
The Non-GMO Production Standard The standard ensures no genetically engineered ingredients are used in the production of the end product. The standard aims to verify this by putting forth a list of requirements that leads to a strong system of internal and external verifications at the facilities that produce/process the (end-)product.
The Management System (MS) shall have a documented sampling plan that is based on the MS and the associated risk assessment. Laboratories performing tests to assess the genetically engineered material content of a sample, shall be certified with ISO 17025 for the specific activity of genetically engineered material testing. Companies in compliance with the NGPS may communicate the claim ‘Certified Non-GMO Production’ on the product label with reference to the NGPS. To the approved organic standards belong EU organic, NPOP, USDA organic and IFOAM based organic standards.
Benefits of Certification
IG certifies companies all over the world and offers a wide range of certification programmes, some of which can be linked to organic certifications. Our global network of offices allows us to make certification more efficient and cost effective, whilst upholding the same stringent professional auditing and certification procedures. Through third-party verification, we motivate your (quality) claim independently towards your clients. Furthermore, traceability and contamination risks can be managed better by certifying your management system and/or your product.
With 200+ certification programs, we are able to conduct combination audits saving time and expenses for our customers.
- The market for non-GMO products is surging 17% annually and expected to reach 1.1 billion USD by 2023, according to industry analyst
- Increased opportunities for market share and market differentiation
- Ability to meet consumer and retailer demand for non-GMO labeling
- Access to global non-GMO markets
- Comprehensive risk management
- Compliance with emerging retail, industry and government requirements