Societal security ISO 22301:2012 specifies requirements to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of occurrence, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents when they arise. ISO 22301 certification of your continuity management plan ensures that the central operational functions of your organization are maintained even after an emergency. Our experts conduct audits to analyze your organization’s current status and show you where there is potential for improvement in your BCM. The benefits you get from the certification
- Enabling flexible reaction to unexpected events and threats
- Increased customer confidence in your organization and improved competitiveness
- Quality assurance and stability of your business processes
- Reduced downtime
- Improved business process recovery
- Compliance with international standards
Information security management Implementing an information security management system will provide your organization with a system that will help to eliminate or minimize the risk of a security breach that could have legal or business continuity implications. An effective ISO 27001 information security management system (ISMS) provides a management framework of polices and procedures that will keep your information secure, whatever the format. Following a series of high profile cases, it has proven to be very damaging to an organization if information gets into the wrong hands or into the public domain. By establishing and maintaining a documented system of controls and management, risks can be identified and reduced. Achieving ISO 27001 certification shows that a business has:
- Protected information from getting into unauthorized hands
- Ensured information is accurate and can only be modified by authorized users
- Assessed the risks and mitigated the impact of a breach
- Been independently assessed to an international standard based on industry best practices
- Increased reliability and security of systems and information
- Improved customer and business partner confidence
- Increased business resilience
- Alignment with customer requirements
- Improved management processes and integration with corporate risk strategies
Information technology -Service management
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is a service management system (SMS) standard. It specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 can be used by:
- ِAn organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled.
- An organization that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain.
- A service provider that intends to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfil service requirements.
- A service provider to monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services.
- A service provider to improve the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS.
- An assessor or auditor as the criteria for a conformity assessment of a service provider’s SMS to the requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011.
The benefits you get from the certification
- Improved IT service management.
- Reliable IT services with reduced downtimes and minimal risk of errors.
- Long-term benefits from lower costs and time savings.
- Increased customer confidence in your company to make you more competitive.